Monday, February 15, 2010
Kellie is using, added to the time. Officially, this makes the quilt-top 27% finished. The next section and deadline will involve rows 3-5, so I'll need to have 21 blocks ready for the next step which is supposed to be done by the end of April. The good news is that I have 10 finished and 7 more that I started.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
I finally have the Silhouette versions done. Unfortunately a little blurry on the pics...but you get the idea. I'm very pleased with these, and have a Hoffman wildflower batik to sash these squares with. It'll be a 60" square with some random width machine quilting.
I'm not as happy about the color versions. I made them with Kona cottons. I would have been happier if the red was more coral. And what appears as white, is actually a butter yellow. The light color is quite sheer and took careful planning to keep the dark red from showing through. I plan to finish these with some traditional style pieced borders, and hand quilting.
I need to get these prototypes ready by the May workshop in West Yellowstone, MT. The patterns should be available through Victoria Rose Quilts after the workshop. Anna may be doing these as Saturday afternoon sit-and-sews in West over the summer.