The piecing is done!!!
Sadly, I can't even mark this off my WIP list, as it was a quilt that was in the planning stages that simply bullied its way to the front of the line. And it still needs quilting.
Fortunately, after I took the picture for the progress update, I was able to figure out a way to put together what I had without having to unstitch anything. The bad news is that process involved spreading out all the pieces on the floor and stitching 2 together and putting them back in place, since "the save" involved pieces that were in random orientation. Aerobic piecing (stitch, iron, place, pick up next 2, repeat). Now it's nicely ironed and folded and put away until fall since I want to lap quilt this one, which is something I'm not inclined to do with temps in the high 90's F.
While all the scraps are out, I'm working on piecing them together for a variation of a mono-chromatic crazy quilt. I'm calling this bonus quilt a "Grooms Quilt" so I can give the couple his & hers quilts for the wedding. Hers will say "Welcome to the family!" and his "Because we know that you'll be sleeping on the couch."
Now to figure out what it was that I was working on before I got distracted by this project.