This weekend, I cut 6" squares from the wide part of most of the ties. Some of them had wear marks that showed when they were opened up. I also set aside the yellows and a green for later.
Here are the first 4 of 16 pinwheels. They are currently at about 7". Next step will be adding some tie strips around each. I'm letting this quilt evolve one step at a time. Stay tuned to see what's next.
You can see my recent post about this quilt and give your suggestions on that post.
FMQ panels that I started working on earlier in the month. I actually thought that I had a lot more of these greens when I designed this project. I'm either going to have to use some that are more olive, or buy new forest green to finish up.