So has the baby for whom it was made. I found out a couple weeks before the shower that my co-worker's colors were yellow, grey and mint. And the theme is elephants. I found the print in my stash and it seemed perfect. I bought it on sale and it's not in my usual color way to begin with. The elephant design was originally going to have a lot of applique, but the busy fabrics did the trick.
Found out from a co-worker that the expectant mom is a hockey fan. So I worked some pucks into the background.
The ear was lots of fun. I added an extra layer of batting to make it puffy.
While my FMQ is not going to win any awards, I am finally at a point that the final product actually looks like what I planned. Progress.