Friday, October 14, 2022

UFO finishes

 I had a day free to sew and planned to start a unicorn dress for my granddaughter. The sewing room needed to be tidied before I could start on a new project.  This flimsy was begging to be finished. It was a scrap bin improv that I gave up making square. Which I still believe was the right decision. 
I had fun freehand drawing giant flowers in the borders. 
And parts of mandellas

With dense quilting on the outside to help tame the flared edge that developed from all the bias pieces in the quilt. 

I added a flannel back to this NICU quilt flimsy that was sitting around. 
I had the X and the waves squares on my design wall.  When I went to sew more HST blocks, I discovered that the pre-sewn squares all needed to be cut down to match the scale of the X block. That was the point that my enthusiasm for these leftover fabrics was gone. I was even less excited when I found a bin of the 4 patch blocks that finish with 1" squares.  My Road To California plan became the Road To The Trash Bin. A decision that caused guilt, but ultimately more relief. 

I hope to get in another day of finishing off UFOs so I can get working on 2 dresses from this Unicorn fabric. 



No comments: