I was able to cut 3 wedges from each page I had printed by adding a seam allowances. (You can click on the picture to enlarge and get a better look).
In retrospect, I wish I would have tried some of the pastels that I recently bought in place of the blue.
I used a long quilting pin along the stitching line so it was easier to line up the next piece of fabric.
I also used the trick of holding the whole thing up to the light so I could see that the fabric was lined up with the stitching line, but that doesn't photograph well.
Press well. Trim to size and shape of the paper template.
They were resewn multiple times.
Maybe it would have gone better without the Heineken.
I'm guessing I've found the answer as to why the original had a circle motif appliqued on. To hide the mess in the middle.
Then it's just a matter of removing the paper from the back. The whole thing, from making the pattern to removing the paper when finished took one evening.
I won't be adding to the Yahoo Group page for this project. I really disliked the format of that chat when I was working on Hearts Desire. I spent a couple days recently trying to get involved in conversations and have concluded that I hate it even more now than I did then. However, I know that several of my blog followers are moderators and/or participants in the group. Feel free to mention, link, or even repost pics from this post if it applies.