Monday, April 28, 2014

USA Finished!

Finally Finished!!!!
100% Hand Pieced & Hand Quilt.  Not a stitch by machine, including sashing, borders and binding. 
I'm totally over the need to do that again.

I have updated the USA quilt page with some links to earlier posts as well as close ups of the blocks. I'll go back later and proof it for accuracy.

Sunday, April 13, 2014


In the process of borrowing a pattern (which you can see at this link), I managed to make a major math error and a significant omission. By the time I discovered the errors I also realized there was not enough fabric to fix it.  So here it my final flimsy.  I think I'll add a wide border of the fabric you see in the bottom of the picture, then call it good.
I had several challenges with this quilt, not least of which is the fact that no matter what portion I was working on, something was always on the bias.  I did a lot of "corrective" trimming as I went along, and yet there is still some significant puckering which will need to be quilted out. 

Nonetheless, it accomplished the mission which was a masculine quilt using fabric from the stash. Thanks, Raewyn for the original idea.  Sorry I messed it up so badly.  

And on another note, as suddenly as I was having trouble with Blogger, the problems seems to be resolved so I can actually post from my computer again instead of my phone.  Technology. 

Monday, April 7, 2014


This is looking less like Raewyn's block all the time. I snagged the concept from her blog at lovetostitch. As long as I don't run out of the honeycomb fabric, I think I have a winner

Sunday, April 6, 2014

New quilt top

I hate it when I mess up the math on a project. But my solution is always to just change the design and make it work. Here is the first test wedge. This photo confirms one more change then I think I have a workable center.