Tuesday, April 25, 2017


Our first grandchild is due in June.  Our daughter really wanted coral and lavender, which it turns out are difficult colors to find this season.  I opted for something really simple with a few scraps on the corners.

 I discovered that while I am feeling confident about feathers with they are 4" or less, these long feathers were challenging as I couldn't see where I was "driving" on that domestic machine.
 Considering that I was fighting a head cold while I was making this, I am pleased that the straight lines are pretty straight.  And the feathers look good from a distance.
Best of all.  The binding is done and this is officially FINISHED!

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Diamonds Finish

I finally managed to finish the Diamonds Quilt.  It was made with the remaining fabric from the Teal Cat for an undisclosed recipient who will be receiving the gift this summer.
My original plan for the quilting was just parallel lines (I can't really claim they're "straight) with the walking foot.   I started with the dark blue background.  By the time I was finished with that, I was ready for something else.  And besides the feathers were actually easier than straight lines when it comes to bulk of fabric being shoved through my domestic machine.  And I fell back to my favorite square flower for all the centers. 
And the back is pretty cool looking on it's own as well. 

Thanks again to Jacki Kunkle for the design inspiration (link to her original quilt on my previous post) and Lori Kennedy for the square flower quilting idea.