Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Coral

Our first grandchild is due in June.  Our daughter really wanted coral and lavender, which it turns out are difficult colors to find this season.  I opted for something really simple with a few scraps on the corners.

 I discovered that while I am feeling confident about feathers with they are 4" or less, these long feathers were challenging as I couldn't see where I was "driving" on that domestic machine.
 Considering that I was fighting a head cold while I was making this, I am pleased that the straight lines are pretty straight.  And the feathers look good from a distance.
Best of all.  The binding is done and this is officially FINISHED!

1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

Gorgeous quilt. I love your feathers. Straight lines are the hardest. Congrats on your finish.