Saturday, March 31, 2018

Finish 4

 Technically, I could call this trio finish 4,5,6.  But the real point was to turn orphan blocks into throw pillows.
 This was the mosaic test block.  I used a fusible web and cut pieces about a cm in size.  They did not stick well, with tons of them falling off as I was trying to stitch them in place.  I decided to wash this before I turned it into a pillow.  That required my going back and re-sewing about 20% of the seams. I am glad that I didn't start with the original plan to make a portrait in the style of St Sophia's in Kiev, Ukraine.  Instead I have 1 creepy Carol eye staring at me.  This also took longer to turn into a pillow as it was already bound, so I hand stitched on the backing to protect the integrity of the finished piece.
 This was a test block for the Tumbleweeds quilt.  I designed a fairly elaborate quilting for an oversized Ohio star.  You can see that quilt here. 
And this was the test lay out for the Desert Rose quilt which I am almost finished hand quilting.  This post has the quilt during the piecing process.   The color scheme reversed with blue stars and dark green outers.  Glad all that was decided before I committed to buying the fabric.

Next on the horizon is the Dragonfly Challenge pillow case.   The quilting is done and I just need to make and add the back.

1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

What an awesome trio. You are making significant progress on your projects. Happy Easter!