Monday, July 27, 2020

Loud!

 Another finish!  This quilt was started Feb 2019 when I was testing a foundation piecing pattern for a friend who wanted to learn to quilt when she retired. It is called Nell's Star /Charleston Star  available at this link.    I am not certain where the purple/orange batik came from.  Nor do I understand what compelled me to buy it.  I suspect that I bought it on clearance. I decided to pair it with green to round out the color wheel.  That is one LOUD color scheme.
 This much color is not everyone's cup of tea.  But then I thought of my friend Lori.  She's a colorful character.  And she is constantly crocheting things for my granddaughter.  She never forgets my birthday.  She was long overdue for a gift from me.
 I had purchased Aunt Millie's Garden from Piece O'Cake Designs because I liked their funky flowers. (Click on the link above if you want to know what it's supposed to look like) I decided to rework them into a border.  Unfortunately, there was a delay of a year from when I started the project to when I picked it up again and I'd forgotten some of my plans.  Subsequently there's more design changes where 2 corners include the star/dot flower and 2 do not.  I kept wanting to add more leaves, but settled for quilting some in.
This was free motion quilted on my Singer Patchwork with a mix of Gutterman and Connecting Threads thread.  Batting is Pellon Nature's Touch 90% cotton batting.  Backing is unbleached muslin.

2 comments:

suzanne, dutchess county NY said...

Just fabulous!

Frog Quilter said...

Beautiful and just my style. Loud and lovely.