Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Monet Progress

 Three full time days back into this project and progress is being made.  Last post showed the sorting of the panels that were fused a decade ago before I gave up on this project.  The lower left section of the boy and lower skirt has now been completed. WHOO HOOO!!!
I've spent the better part of the past 2 days on the placement of 897 squares.  The green umbrella was slow going as I didn't have a "palate" of colors and cut as needed to be sure I didn't waste fabric.  I also managed to lose a piece of fabric and spent  over an hour finding a replacement.  Later finding the missing fabric tucked in another fabric.  Bah.  Today discovered that I didn't have anywhere near the amount of very pale yellow that is part of the sky clouds.  Did find a replacement batik that's actually better as it blends blue and yellow.

There are still 26 rows down to the boy panel.  (23 wide)
And a 15 wide panel down most of the left side.  SIGH. 

What's that phrase again...Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should.

2 comments:

JustGail said...

Wow - this is quite the project. I'm sure it will be well worth the work. I've often thought I should make a wall hanging or stitchery project with that phrase.

Angie in SoCal said...

Bummer. I know how it is to have to redo a large part of a UFO. Love the sneek peek too