Sunday, February 27, 2022

Retirement Countdown Quilt

 

I have started a new quilt for myself. A block per week, reflecting something I experienced. They are 4 inch blocks to countdown the 196 weeks until retirement. Block 1 is our conversion to a new computer system at work. The login for our region is Mountain Epic.

I've decided on a color pattern sticking with the blue side of the color wheel: lime, green, teal, purple, pink and, of course, my FAVORITE color Fuchsia.  That's the reason my yellow crocus are chartreuse.
Block 2 celebrates crocus and bubbles.
Gold Digger sparkling mimosa at Blue Bench Brunchette.

Block 3 is the “blessed biscuit” given to me by a stranger when I was visiting the Pechersk Lavra in Kyiv

3 down 193 to go.



1 comment:

Amy said...

Absolutely brilliant idea, Margie! I love your blocks so far. I didn't do any kind of countdown before I retired. Not enough time in my days then. Hmm, I may have to think this one over. I'll hit 65 next year. Maybe a countdown to that? Looking forward to seeing your blocks over the next 190+ days. Cheers!