Monday, December 7, 2020

November Finishes

 My November goal was to finish 4 more of the Benjamin Biggs Blocks. 

The first went quickly with just a few large pieces. 
The second wasn't to bad...
But the third was super fussy with lots of little pieces.  And I lost a day of sewing to Christmas shopping.   Our Thanksgiving weekend plans also changed.  Because of Covid, we cancelled the gathering at our house, and instead we did a 2 day, 1000 mile road trip to drop off gifts and leftovers.

I had hoped to do a little applique during the drive, but the roads were too bumpy.  So my 4th block got finished the first weekend in December. 


I also got a good jump on the final 2 squares.   I was slowed down by the fact that I can't find the download for block #20.  In a way it's good, because I don't think the leaves on those flowers are very pretty, so I re-designed them.  


I will likely get stalled out again, as I need to make some Princess clothes.   I have a cloak nearly done, but have 3 other pieces of the planned ensemble to make. 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Wow! You got a lot of applique finished! And it's beautifully done. What method do you like to use? I love the rosebud corners every block has. You're so close to the full set now. How fun to have the detour of making Princess clothes. :)

Angie in SoCal said...

Those Benjamin Briggs blocks are stunning. I have three done and when I finish my fourth, I think I'll make a much smaller quilt out of them - a table topper. Merry Christmas!