Friday, May 1, 2020

Furlough Day 14 Covid Quilt Progress

 I've put about 8 hours into this quilt today. 20 hours running total. Here's the lay out as it is currently planned.  It's been a mixed bag of good and bad.  (Sorry about the sideways thing...Blogger is not so user friendly)
The masks turned out great.  I used my mask pattern, but just thin muslin on the back side.  Wanted them to be 3-D.   Picked out colors that I would personally describe as BLERGHY.   Weird, muddy, jaundicy  colors that I am not entirely sure how they ended up in the stash.

The Toilet Paper is the post that started the whole quilt.  I was planning to create my own, but felt an obligation to buy the pattern "We're On a Roll" from Java House Quilts.  They were about 30% smaller than what I'd imagined.  I did some reverse versions.  And I think I'll add a couple more, transitioning from the full to empty rolls (left to right).


Early in the planning I had included the leftover Chartreuse and Puce fabric leftovers, but after an hour of sewing HST, I wasn't sure that they are going to work.  They are on hold.

Finished up the day by working on the Plasma Donation panel.   Feel that I should have done needle turn for  item placement.  Not convinced about the outcome, but confident I can fix what I don't like during the quilting stages.

Only 1 theme panel left:  Inuslin and CGM.

Meanwhile, my sewing studio looks like a fabric store barfed all over it.
And we used to joke about having enough fabric to survive an apocalypse.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

OK! Now I'm not feeling so bad about my escaping fabric...