Saturday, May 16, 2020

Furlough Day 29 Just Busy.


 Week 3 of my furlough was spent working on some long ignored applique borders.  It's been slow going, but since this pictures have most of the connecting stems placed and have some leaves on one panel.  I also started the machine quilting of the raw edge applique panels on the Covid Quilt.
It was a great weather week, so ended up on a couple of lunch rides.  


Week 4: Headed to Eastern Idaho to deliver belated Mother's Day gift and to buy a new-to-me car.  Did my 3rd try at recreating an heirloom crocheted lace on the way over, but found that the small scale irritated my wrist, which has already been bothering me with all the quilting and motorcycle riding I've been doing.  Have decided to abandon this project.  When I messaged my friend to let her know, she informed me that her mom had decided to let her have the original.  Win!

Came back via Montana. 
 Retail stores are open in Idaho now and I did my best to support 4 small town quilt shops last week.  I have 3 commission quilts lined up, all of which are out of my usual fabric color choices.
 Making progress on the Covid Quilt.  Here's my corona virus border.
I would have made more progress, but a friend has been bugging me to make him a mask from a Crown Royal bag.  Used the Dhurata Davies pattern which I quite like, but am going to have to adjust for a bigger than "Large" size to accommodate hubby's beard.

The schedule is open this week, so am hoping to finish the covid quilt.  I'm over 1/2 done with the quilting, and have finished the fussy parts, so some background fill and a couple borders should go pretty quickly. I also plan to design a lap sized Vizsla quilt which a friend has commissioned for a fund raiser.

2 comments:

Barb N said...

Wow, you've been busy! I had to zoom in on those fabrics - they all play so nicely together. Fun, fun!

Angie in SoCal said...

Went back as far as April 25th - you have been way busy. Your covid quilt is wonderful. Is that the one you want to enter in the Houston show? I didn't know they were going to have it. What's the tentative date? I usually go as I have 5 cousins I can stay with. Blessings,