Saturday, February 13, 2010

I finally have the Silhouette versions done.  Unfortunately a little blurry on the pics...but you get the idea. I'm very pleased with these, and have a Hoffman wildflower batik to sash these squares with.  It'll be a 60" square with some random width machine quilting.  

I'm not as happy about the color versions.  I made them with Kona cottons.  I would have been happier if the red was more coral.  And what appears as white, is actually a butter yellow.  The light color is quite sheer and took careful planning to keep the dark red from showing through.  I plan to finish these with some traditional style pieced borders, and hand quilting.

I need to get these prototypes ready by the May workshop in West Yellowstone, MT.  The patterns should be available through Victoria Rose Quilts after the workshop.  Anna may be doing these as Saturday afternoon sit-and-sews in West over the summer.

No comments: