Thursday, September 30, 2010
Maybe this phone-camera version will give you some clue as to what I've been up to. I've had an idea for about a year to make mono-chromatic crazy strips for a quilt. This test-drive will become a pillow case. With the fabric that was left from the JC project, I cut 5" friendship squares. Then some 2.5" squares and some pieces for a Double Wedding Ring. Everything else was thrown in a bag for this.
It's fun for me to look at these and realize there's pieces that went into Keeley's, Hillary's and Rita's quilt. The one with pink and purple was left over from a romper that I made for Guitar Girl when she was a toddler.
I need to go buy about a yard of something solid-ish to finish piecing these, then they will become a Christmas gift. Which means I better get to my job to earn some $ for fabric.