Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Quick Update

I am nearly done with the fussy part of this applique.  Five more feathers and a banner below the shield and I can move on to the lettering.

This project has been made far more difficult by my decision to use a black background, preventing me from using my usual techniques and relying on ones that are annoying and take more time. My goal on this section was to create as much contrast as possible with a grey logo.  Up close, I don't like a lot of the color details, but the result is the contrast I was looking for.  And the good news is that of all the things that I considered re-doing, I don't mind terribly at this distance, so I'm leaving them for character.

1 comment:

Esther Aliu said...

Looks good! And don't worry about those details, no one will notice them but you, anyway 'character' is good for a quilt!