Friday, December 30, 2016

Mosaic

Ever since I went to St Sophia's in Kiev, I've been fostering an idea for a mosaic quilt.  This is as far as I got on Monday. 

My original plan was a full sized quilt which would be a modified portrait of a friend and her husband finishing about 60".  As I started to draw out the draft, it became apparent that the scale I had in mind would make the pieces tiny, under 1/2", instead of the 1" pieces I wouldn't mind working with. 
I had scraps that I saved from the Desert Rose and Tumbleweed quilts that I ironed on to some fusible.   I remember now why I hate raw edge applique.  Many of the small pieces are popping off as I manipulate the fabric during the quilting process.

The weekend is coming up so maybe I'll be able to finish this wall hanging size version and share it within a day or 2.

No comments: