Monday, February 20, 2017

Feathers on a Cat

I couldn't resist adding feathers to the cat.  Now that I"ve figured out how to do them, they are a quick fill, and I was aiming for these circles to be spots.
For the lower 2 sections, I followed the print, filling in with leaves and swirls in the blank spots.   The upper section has nice flow with the paisley fill.
To add some textural variation, I went for some brick work to have a more linear element.

I think I've figured out my plan for the cat face, a mix of hand and machine quilting.
But I may need a couple weeks to sort out some of the variations I've considered for the  background quilting.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love it so far! Looking forward to the finish!

Angie in SoCal said...

Gorgeous quilting! Love the process posting - very helpful for us new to quilting.