Saturday, May 19, 2018

Destiny

 I had a lot of weird leftovers from the Popsicle quilt.  The tie dyed fabric that I bought for popsicle drips being the strangest.  The color combinations result it a lot of very muddy areas, and I prefer fabric in bright, clear colors.  I decided that I should find a way to work them into one quilt.  When I designed the quilt concept, however, I had mis-remembered all the colors.  It is evolving into a random squares with 4 patch.  And the yellowish tan leftovers do help the others work better together.
This quilt's name is Destiny.  Because I'm making it for my friend Destiny.  They share many of the same qualities.  1) Getting a mis-match group to play nicely together 2) Maybe spilled a little bit of wine 3) This is now how I imagined things to work out 4) True friends are blessings  5) The more variety in the blocks around you, the better everything turns out  6) When it's done it'll be a hug on demand from me.

No comments: