Thursday, July 11, 2019

Still Here

My, how time flies.  In the time that I haven't been blogging, I've ridden my motorcycle several thousand miles, had play dates with the granddaughter, celebrated my mom's 90th birthday, and hung out with friends.   Some of those friends have decided to do a Craft Bazaar in November to sell some of their crafty goods.  After much consideration, I came up with some things that I thought would be profitable enough to spend my time on.

 So I've been mastering a recipe for bath bombs. 
Am figuring out lip balms.
 And have started making some cute purses.
 Meanwhile, I' volunteered to put together a swag bag for a motorcycle club regional meeting.  Here's a prototype of the 6"x8" "ditty bag" I designed, that will hold all the other goodies.  The duck cloth will be embroidered with the logo, and we'll use a team of crafty volunteers to sew these up. 
And while I have all that slave labor lined up,  there's plans to make the neck wraps to include, along with a custom flavored lip balm. 

Next post should be showing off some of the bags I have planned to make this weekend.  Should be a learning curve as I have a mix of materials I'm trying including some quilting fabrics from the stash and some upcycled clothing.


2 comments:

Pam Dempsey said...

Hi - where did you find a good recipe for the lip balms? What are neck wraps? They look great :)

Marjorie said...

Pam, Majestic Mountain Sage sells a lip balm base as well as tubes and flavorings. The neck wraps use water absorbing crystals that hold water, creating an evaporative cooler to wear in hot weather.