Sunday, December 1, 2019

Back to Applique

 I took Thanksgiving week off, then we decided not to travel.   So I've been binge watching cooking shows on Netflicks and working on the totem pole quilt.   I have finished the Blue Jays and Kingfishesr, having decided to quilt in some of the details that were on my original design.
Yesterday I started working on the Hawk that will be in the center. 
It took me several hours of pondering before I remembered my master plan for how this all goes together.  I'll finish the applique on the wings and body, sew the 2 pieces together to finish the hawk's face and beak, then cut that out all of that and put it on the background. The original plan also has yards of bias to outline the wings.  I'll do the head,  then the fish & bear each on it's own on the "wood" background then add them to the background. I am hoping it will go faster with less detail on the remaining section and no duplication like there was on the wings.


No comments: