Sunday, June 4, 2023

Temp Quilt Finish

I started a Temperature Quilt in 2016 when they were all the rage.  I used a thin strip for the low and a wide strip for the high.  I did not anticipate how hot our summer was ant there is a lot of red and orange in this quilt.  I completed the first 30 weeks in 2016 then it got set aside.  I finished the flimsey in 2019. 


Since November, I've spent all my quilting time working on this gigantic Lone Star variation that is hand quilted with wool bating.   I pulled the quilting frame out of the shed for the first time in about 20 years.  

While the frame was out, I  used it to baste 5 tops.  This is my least favorite part of quilting and the frame definitely made it less of a chore.  

I took some of the trimmings from squaring up the qult and made a few mug rugs just in time for iced tea season.  



While there was green thread on the machine, I pulled out the never ending green scrap bag.  This is the 4th donation quilt I've made and intend for it to be the last.  I started with a different pattern in mind and a tan sashing. I didn't have enough of grey/green scraps to make the pattern I had planned.  And I hated the tan so bought some green yardage to finish up. 

I hope to make more quilting progress to post.  I spent 3 months and hundreds of hours making and quilting the Lone Star.  Only 3 corners to finish and I'll be able to post a finish.   I got sidetracked in February & March with an obsession of making miniature Fairy Books to hide in neighborhood free libraries.  Spent April & May helping a family member through a crisis.  June is my donation quilt finish month.   I hope. 

 

No comments: