Sunday, November 13, 2011

Leaves

My daughter had friends over Saturday to watch movies and eat pizza to celebrate her birthday, so I was displaced to the bedroom to applique and listen to football on the radio.

I have a rather alarming pile of green batik scraps.

Which means that there's a lot of variety in my leaves.   13 leaves finished over 2 days.

As is the one blossom that I made months ago using the freezer paper method.  The others will be back basting.

Thanks for all of you who took the time to leave comments about format. I like the classic format too, so you'll keep seeing posts this way.

5 comments:

Lynne said...

A variety of fabrics makes it all the more itnersting.

Unknown said...

How can folk not like batiks when they see the effects you can get with something like this - great work, lots of contrast and a masterpiece in the making

Beth said...

As appliquers we can never have to many greens or batiks for that matter!!!

Beth

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

This is looking more gorgeous each time you share it! And I'm with Ethne - how can you not like batiks?!

Julie Fukuda said...

I do like that variety of greens.It makes the total effect just beautiful.
These days there are so many changes in both e-mail and other sites that really don't add anything and sometimes take things away. (Yahoo's changes have not been for the better).