I did get this dress done and ready to wear to work today...but with a cardigan to hide the issues with the bodice. Every time I make some clothing, I think I've made all the right adjustments until I get it done. Bah. This sheath pattern needs some tucks in the neckline before it's cut out. And I'm not sure that I'm crazy about the cap sleeve detail. The bias binding makes them stick out more than I'd like. Oh well...this was intended to be my "muslin" version of this pattern...I just had hope it would be the perfect fit in the first round.
Back to the drawing board (after a day long test drive to see what else I may or may not like about the pattern)...then on to make a version of this out of jelly roll strips.
This fabric is a Kathy Hall for Andover Fabric that I bought on clearance at the quilt shop in Halfway, OR on the shop hop. The pattern is Simplicity 6643.