Finished quilting this 1 hour before we need to leave for the wedding reception. Which it turns out is enough time to photograph and blog about it, but not enough time for the nap I really wanted to take this afternoon.
I am pleased with the texture of this quilt. I used bamboo batting and did the stitching lines with a free motion foot. My machine was not behaving well, and I broke 6 needles in the process of finishing this quilt. Good thing I was drinking or I would have driven to the store for a new sewing machine.
Speaking of which, the beer neither improved nor made my stitching any worse. I just can't sew straight lines.
I forgot to take a close up of the binding. I used a blue plaid sheet for the back and made a bias strip for the binding which looks great.
And I realized that the whole quilt follows the traditional rhyme: something old, something new (fabrics from the stash), something borrowed (thrift store sheet for the back) and something blue.