Tuesday, July 29, 2014

LE UFO

I pulled out an applique project that I haven't worked on for about 1 year.  

Why now?  Partially because I'm caught up on the Benjamin Biggs QAL
And partially because Esther posted an update on her LE zig zag border
 Which reminded me that I still love a lot about this quilt. 
But on the other hand, the style is far fussier than my preference.
 My current plan is to finish the border then go back through the released patterns and work in my favorite bits.  Very good possibility that it stops at baby quilt size....but time will tell.

3 comments:

susan said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has had this one on the back burner for over a year. i have yet to finish the round with the larger hearts and curved pieces with the tiny dots on them. I still plan to continue on when other UFO's and BOM's are caught up and intend to finish after the first zigzag border. Too much applique and too little time. Too many other wonderful projects tugging at my heartstrings.

Eileen said...

You got a lot farther than I did. I stopped after the center compass. I got very disappointed in the group dynamics, but have downloaded all the patterns.
I like your idea to pick and choose the parts you like.

Angie in SoCal said...

Like you, Marjorie, I may come out with a smaller version of LE. But I'll see. I just don't have room for such a large quilt, and after putting in so much work by the time it is done, I don't want to just store it somewhere. Also I have some other Applique projects I want to finish also. I am saving all the parts though. I love everything you've shown from this post to 8/18. Lovely things are emerging.