I had great hopes of showing a "ta-da" post as I had spent much of the weekend in the sewing room making these wedges for the Pickle Dish quilt. And then I started counting. 53 seems like a strange number. Particularly where they are printed 2 to a page, and I need a multiple of 4. After some searching, I found the rest of the stack of paper piecing templates. The missing wedge is probably deep under the pile of scraps.
I have used up all the smaller scraps that I had from previous black and white quilts and am now cutting into some new fabrics that I purchased with the purpose of a black/white quilt for this recipient. Looks like several more piecing sessions in my future. Unfortunately, the old Viking is acting up and likes to randomly snap thread, no matter how I adjust the tension. That reduces my enthusiasm for the project, but the Singer is set up for FMQ, which is a nice break from piecing.