Sunday, February 1, 2015

Pickle Math

I spent most of Saturday finishing up wedges and cutting out red melons and corners.  Here are the first 2 put together.  I am not so sure if I like the fabrics I used for the corner squares.  However, they will be alternated with some black squares, which may make a difference.

The good news is that I found the lost wedge, so I'm back to having an even number.  The bad news is that whatever  math strategy I used to determine the number of wedges I need now eludes me.

And the last time I thought through it, I figured I needed a multiple of 8 as there are 8 wedges in 1 ring.  But 80 wedges = 10 rings... which makes no sense for a quilt size. (9 rings arranged 3x3 is only 54" square). I think that I originally planned for 72 squares to finish 63x72" before borders.   I suspect that I am about 64 wedges short of the number I will ultimately need.  Which begs the question: Where did the missing templates go and/or why didn't I print more?


1 comment:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

The pickle wedges are fabulous but I fear your pickle maths is not ;o) Hope you get it sorted soon and that you don't need to make as many as you fear!