Monday, October 19, 2015

Flipping the Bird

Starting my Flamingo Finish post with the back side on grey.  I love this side too. Especially the fuschia binding.  I only wish it was sunnier when I took the pictures.
Still Love, Love, Love. Thank you Millie Marotta for including this design in your Animal Kingdom book.

I took several pictures trying to show the difference in texture between pre/post washing, but they are not apparent in the photos.  But the outcome is super cool.  Come to my house and I'll show you!

After quilting, this was 41x53 and after washing 39x 49.5.    The difference between the machine and hand quilting resulted in some challenging quilting.  I needed to pull in 3" on the outer edges, which meant that I was doing a lot of "gathering" rather than standard quilting.

So, for the record, machine vs hand quilting?  I always prefer hand.  But sometimes machine is the right tool for the job.

3 comments:

Dolores said...

Well done! I have enjoyed seeing your progress. Isn't if funny that every once in awhile there are projects that just have to be made immediately.

Amy said...

A gorgeous finish! It deserves a place of honor in your house. Will it be on the wall or a table top? It would be a perfect welcome at my house, after seeing the flamingoes in the yard... (changed out to skelingoes for October...) Can't wait to see what's next on your list.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's (he's? She's?!) stunning!