Monday, August 29, 2016

Elephant

 The elephant quilt has been delivered.


So has the baby for whom it was made.  I found out a couple weeks before the shower that my co-worker's colors were yellow, grey and mint.  And the theme is elephants.  I found the print in my stash and it seemed perfect.  I bought it on sale and it's not in my usual color way to begin with. The elephant design was originally going to have a lot of applique, but the busy fabrics did the trick.

Found out from a co-worker that the expectant mom is a hockey fan.  So I worked some pucks into the background. 

The ear was lots of fun.  I added an extra layer of batting to make it puffy.  
While my FMQ is not going to win any awards, I am finally at a point that the final product actually looks like what I planned.  Progress.

3 comments:

Raewyn said...

It's gorgeous!! And the quilting is perfect for it :-)

Amy said...

And this quit will be well loved by both mom and baby!

Summer said...

This is sooo pretty ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com