I learned a few things from this section. 1) I think there is too much height variation b/w the books. In real life, I would have put the tall things and short things together. 2) Just b/c you have it doesn't mean you need to use it. In retrospect, there is too much yellow/tan in this section for it to be interesting. I added a few darker neutrals, but it could have used more.
I am much happier with the next section of "Entree" cookbooks. Better color variation. Retrospectively, a thin bit of solid with some contrast would make the others stand out more. Concepts to remember for the next sections.
I rather like the jar of marmalade. I'll improve the jar lid with quilting.
I like the tipped books. But next time I will take the extra step to tip each one, not a duo.
For beginner sewists (ROBIN), that narrow of a seam allowance is pretty tricky.
When I sewed the selvages to the black strip, I tried to make the most interesting bits show near the top. The Chicken and Flower color dots are my favorite!
I am just winging it on this project, but have several friends who are doing this project at the same time, so I hope to keep giving insights and ideas so you don't have to make the same mistakes I do, and hopefully benefit from my happy results.