Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Slow Progress


The morning after my last post, I made a frustrating discovery.  I had been having trouble with alignment on the replacement panels that are marked with 1" instead of 1.5" grid.  The reason turned out to be that I was 1/2" off when cutting the panel.  So 80% of the pieces in the panels I had spent 2 days applying, had to be re-positioned and re-fused.

That is represented on the photo as the big blank spot of sky to the left of the lady. 


I was burnt out on that project, as you might imagine.   I went back to working on "Loud".  It's a quilt I'm making for a friend that has a rather complex floral outer border.  She wants a surprise reveal, so all you get is a sneak peak.  It's back basting needle turn except for the bias stems.  I estimated that there were around 450 pieces to stitch, and I'm down to basting and sewing the last 16 leaves and 16 dots.  I know that I'll be tempted to add more at that point, but will focus on talking myself into adding more details in the quilting.

1 comment:

Barb N said...

Yes, I can see where you need a break from the pixelated quilt, my goodness! And then you jumped over to the complex applique. Impressive! I'm sure your friend will absolutely love what you're making.