Monday, September 20, 2021

Little Bits

 

My daughter & son-in-law adopted a black German Shepard they named Guiness.  So grandma made him a collar scarf. 
This Bernina pattern came across one of my feeds on a day that I was cleaning up scraps from some other projects.   The sewing room clean up quickly became gifts for all the doggos in my world.
I'm making extras for friends and asking for donations to local women & children's shelters in lieu of payment. 
Meanwhile back on the wedding quilt... I've been annoyed with the lack of contrast between these raspberry leaves and the background.   I'd planned on some contrasting quilting.  But I have also spent hours adding some lime embroidery around the leaves.  The little bit of shimmer really looks amazing in person. 
I'm also slogging away on the fireweed.  It's slow going because there are 2 on the quilt.  And each blossom can have as many as 9 pieces.  But I'm on the homestretch with only 3 more flowers on each side and some leaves.  Then I'll be moving on to an equally complicated pair of lupines.
Now that it's cooling down, it's officially "Quilting Season" at my house, so hope to have more frequent updates for the blog!

No comments: