Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Progress

I pulled out the state block project this week and made progress on this block for Georgia.  Unfortunately, I don't recall the name of the block as I forgot to write it on either the pattern or the master list.  I also seem to have used a bunch of the fabric for another project and had to make some substitutions.

But I did write down the name of this one - Algonquin Charm, which is for Rhode Island.  Not sure where the fabric came from though.  So much for my meticulous notes from last summer.

I helped Guitar Girl make some flannel blankets for some pregnant friends.

And this morning as I was catching up on reading blogs, I saw Leah's Hearts & Spirals fill which looks amazingly like one of the fabrics in an improv baby quilt that was in my "to be quilted" pile.

I found a bin full of poly batting in the garage that I didn't realize I had and used it for this project.  I forgot what it's like to quilt on something with some loft.

I whimped out and stitched pink on pink.


But it does look pretty cool on the back.

2 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love the hearts quilting! The state blocks are lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing this one grow!

tralina said...

Where do you find the time to do all these projects? I have been checking out your blog and you are a very productive person! Sorry to hear that you didn't attend the sister's quilting weekend--maybe next year :)