The first assignment was to paint the dye on and blend 2 complimentary colors. The second week, the dragonfly was waxed off and dipped in yellow. Week 3 was a teal dip to get the green.
We have 2 collaborative pieces that Skater Girl and I did together - a lion in tan & red, and a toucan. They both spent the night in the black dye and I have to go back to pick them up tonight.
Hawaiian Quilt Samplers that I made for the girls in 2003. It has probably been in the UFO basket that long. I had decided to do all hand embroidery on every seam in a variety of stitches (click on photo to enlarge). Like traditional Crazies, it will not include a batting. There is fuseable interfacing on the back of the piecing for more stability. I have to finish the outer frame stitching (pink & blue) on 7 more blocks. Then it will be tacked at intervals to a blue Minkee back and bound in hot pink.
Leah Day's Pea Gravel Path post, I immediately ran to the machine to try it. Yes, I read and immediately ignored the "Advanced" level warning. And I did really try it on paper first. Aside from my swirls looking "Seussian" rather than "Smoothly Swirly" I'm quite pleased.