Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Yesterday, I moved on to the two outside borders. I'm stitching in the ditch on the triangles, and adding straight (ish) lines on the green border. After stitching on the white fabric, I'm finding the green batiks to be challenging to keep my stitches small. I'm using a coated, dark green Coats & Clark quilting thread I had in the stash. It is too thick to fit in my 12 needles that zip through the tight weave. The new 11's I bought sew like a pudgy 10 so I'm in a bit of a pickle.
For those of you who are wonderful enough to leave comments, you may notice some changes. I tried dropping the confirmation message, but I was getting tons of spam - mostly on old posts. This morning I tried taking away the verification but adding a sign in requirement (Open ID or Google) which doesn't allow for anonymous comments. No spam yet today so hopefully this will be a successful compromise.