Monday, May 6, 2013

Back to Quilting

Rather than finish hemming my new dresses, I returned to the world of quilting.  I finished reading The Cross-Country Quilters by  Jennifer Chiaverini.  Then between loads of laundry and batch cooking, I spent the rest of my day off outlining the Bursting Star quilt.  This is the back so you get a feel for design as it overlays the star pattern and is harder to see from the front.  I drew the pattern on the front using a wash away marker, then stitched all these straight lines using the walking foot.

I've been inspired by the quilting at Green Fairy Quilts and Borderline Quilter.  Judi and Kay have really inspired me to look at the vast open spaces of a quilt much differently.  They also make me want to improve my Free Motion Quilting skills.    

I will keep you posted as I work my way through this experiment.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Looking forward to watching how your quilting prgresses.

Thank you for the link to Kay's blog; a new one for me.