Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Clean

And this pause brought to you by the process of cleaning and purging.




This blank space is my imaginary empty spot in my perpetual clutter.

On Monday (my day off) I was going to sew on that skirt project like nobody's business.
But while I was waiting for the stores of my planned errands to open, I started to re-arrange, re-organize and re-cycle the items in my living room.  Short version:  I removed 51 spools of thread from the living and dining room, vanquished to the bins in the sewing room where they were SUPPOSED to be.  (Editor's note, I have only had a sewing room for about a year since eldest daughter moved out, and it has only been functional for a couple months since her belongings which filled half that space were removed.)

For the first time in...forever...the only sewing items in the front half of my house are 1 quilt in lap frame, 1 spool of quilting thread, 1 thimble, 1 pair of scissors and a newly revised mini version bag of emergency hand-quilting items.

My evenings this week have been filled with the processing of the stuff I moved from the living room to alternative spaces.  Bedroom is looking good. There are 4 bags/boxes of items to donate.  Sewing Studio half managed.   Need to sort and send some bins of fabric back to the garage so I have room to work.

I WILL get back to sewing.  But only after the clutter is under control.


3 comments:

liniecat said...

lol but its liberating isnt it when you shift things back to where they ought to be and the front room looks like, maybe, its designed to look ....
but if your like me, things soon creep back near the chair where you can sit and stitch on your lap lol
I like to think its the way they did it in the old days, by hand, on their lap .. maybe?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it will be nice to figure out where you want everything now that you have one room to keep it in - I still keep a bit of stuff in the living room too though as that is where I do my hand work.

Nanna said...

I feel ypur pain lol! I can't sew for organizing but I'm determined to finish a scrappy quilt buy the end of this month lol!
Helen