Wednesday, August 20, 2014

LE Flowers 3

I continue to make very slow progress on the flowers.

I opted for a mix of methods for this section.  I am using a bias strip method for the stems, but back basting for the flowers and leaves.

I had abandoned this project earlier finding that it was too busy of a pattern for my taste.  I also don't like making the same thing multiple times, so I have opted to make each of the corner floral designs different, blending flowers from the provided designs for #3 & 4.  I also changed the shape of the vase.

I'm afraid I'm losing momentum again, so another post may be after American football starts and I have something else to distract me while I stitch.

3 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's going to be a beautiful quilt but I can imagine that it becomes tedious at times!

dq said...

I hope you can keep going with this project because it will be so beautiful! I too get bored with doing the same things. I need a little variety. I save all of my hand work for wrestling season while I sit for countless hours every weekend. I get so much done then. I use my "home" time for projects that need a sewing machine.

liniecat said...

So pretty hope you don't put it down again !