Sunday, November 22, 2015

Distractions

I've been working on another version of the motorcycle club logo.

I am finding those fussy little ovals pretty annoying.  They are 3/8" x 3/4".  And I keep considering altering the logo to leave out some details that no one realizes are there anyway.



My mind started to wander and I started thinking about making a pillow for someone in Arizona.  So I spent some time perusing images of Tohono O'odham baskets and fell in love with this one.

I borrowed the 5 section repeat idea and made a paper piecing pattern that I thought would translate well to fabric.

I learned that curved lines do not work very well with this technique.

After a glass or 2 of wine, I may try to tackle the other 4 outer rings

1 comment:

Sue R said...

Have you tried Karen Kay Buckley's Perfect Ovals? They are awesome! She also has Perfect Circles. Each product comes in various sizes.