Sunday, November 1, 2015

Progress

I continue to make slow but steady progress on the big stitch quilt. A few more rows to  finish the body of the quilt, then about 4 rows around the outside

I find that the big needle and thread take so much more pressure to push stitches through the fabric that my hands get very tired very fast.    The rows are 1/2 to 1" apart.
This morning I managed to get the pickle dish quilt sandwiched and started with some machine stitching around the rings with the walking foot.  Then I'll go back with the free motion foot and quilt the "eyelashes" pieces of the arcs and decide on some FMQ fill for the red sections.

It's nice to be back in "Quilting Season"!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Woohoo, fun stuff! I have a small quilt that I plan to big stitch after I finish the 2011 guild BOM. Thanks for the tidbit about hand fatigue. I'll definitely pace myself when it's that quilt's turn.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love the colours in the big stitch quilt!