Sunday, September 10, 2017

Reading List

Bookshelf Quilt Step 1.


Start a list of books for your shelves.  Thinking through what I want on my quilt, I decided on first a list of interests & hobbies:
Nature, Travel, Science / Health, Gardening, Motorcycles, Mountaineering, Sewing, Quilting


Then I went through the the types of books I do have on my shelves:
Children's classics, dinosaurs, geology, field guides, cookbooks, references, classics, children's books, quilt/craft patterns, gardening.

I started this project for a friend, but now that I have some momentum, I will certainly need to make one for myself.  And maybe some panels to swap with other quilter friends.

Next step: Looking at your shelves for inspiration.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to do one on the story of my life. It will hang above my grandpa's rooftop desk and will be approximately 30" tall by 25" wide. I've made my topic list, here we go.

Unknown said...

Oops, rolltop, not rooftop

Julie Fukuda said...

Hmmm. This is going to be a fun project to watch....