Thursday, April 23, 2020

Furlough Days 3-5



I've been busy the last few days.  On the quilting front, I asked a Face Book group of scuba divers for ideas for a pillow, thinking I'd make one to go with the octopus.  They shared hundreds of pictures with me.  I narrowed it down to 7 that I thought would translate well to quilting.  While I promised myself I wouldn't start new projects until I finished a bunch of the old ones.... I also committed to having only one project per category going at a time.  I just finished the purple machine quilting piece.  The jellyfish is just quilting.  This one goes to the photographer Bridget Perry and I have one prepped for me.

We packed a lunch and took a couple Mental Health rides.  Being a sparsely populated state has its advantages (size of the UK with only 1.7 million people, half of whom live in or near the capital city).
I completed another repeat on the crochet project and it is very clearly not the right scale with this thread.   I do have some finer in the stash, so time to start over.

The late daffodils are still blooming and the early tulips fading.  Time to do some deadheading when the rain stops.   Garden shops here are now open (with face masks & distancing rules) so that may be part of today's events.  It's my civic duty to help keep them in business.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I'm thinking garden shops would have lots of things needing to move with the seasons. You seem to be filling your time nicely.