Friday, April 24, 2020

Lungs Done

So happy to have this feature panel of Chris' Covid quilt done.  It's 20x 28".  Represents my friend's experience with the coronavirus.  She says that it feels like there were "shards of glass in my lungs".  I worked hard to represent that, and the lighting on this picture does show that all the shards are 3-D.  Top of the trachea is left open lest intubation needed.

I  had a different grey/black background picked out, but when it was time to do the cut, realized it was piece of double wide fabric I'd bought for a backing.  Couldn't bear to cut into it.  Black textured fabric to the rescue.

Throughout the quilt, I plan to add the Covid Pom Poms.  They represent the virus.  And will show up randomly.

Next up.  Sorting out the other panels, primarily for size.  Pic with Chris wearing an O2 mask is the next biggest panel.  But several smaller panels to represent her experience. 

No comments: