Thursday, August 13, 2020

Furlough Finishes

I often joke that my job really gets in the way of my hobbies.  A 4 month work furlough for Covid-19 really proved that to be true.  While I typically finish 4-6 quilts a year, depending upon complexity, I've finished 17 of varying sized and difficulty, not to mention about 3 dozen face masks.
Loud was started a couple years ago.  The hand applique took forever to finish.  It was a re-work of 2 other designs. 
 Then a series of original designs.  Vizsla is a fund raising quilt for a friend.  
Covid quilt for Chris, started before the furlough and finished during.
His & Hers wedding quilts.  
An octopus for my daughter.  

Then I got a little obsessed with underwater photos.  So a jellyfish.
Starfish.
Squid (or is it a cuddle fish?)


Of the 21 projects on my 2020 goal list, I completed 8, but only 1 from my oldest UFO list.  I started a quilt for my mom in 2010 that was going to include 80 squares with themes about her life.  I made 9.  The week before her birthday I planned to put them together for a pillow for her.  She insisted she had no use for a pillow.  So in a couple days I made 6 more blocks and quickly quilted it.  Still need to take pictures of the final outcome as I was putting the binding on at 5am the day we were headed to her house.  

And somewhere between projects, I cleaned up the sewing room and put together packets of scraps, leftovers and random fabrics to make a series of NICU donation quilts.

I am scheduled to go back to work next week.   Leaving me just a few days to make progress on Monet so it doesn't get abandoned again.

No comments: