Monday, August 24, 2020

Scraps Beget Scraps

 

I added the backing to Monet and top-stitched the edge.  I had every intention of stitching some stabilizing lines vertically.  Instead, I threw it in the washer and drier and declared it done.  Quarter for size reference of the 1" squares. 
Since there's no quilting, I shall henceforth refer to this as the Monet Coverlet. 
After placing all those 1.5" squares, I was so ready to throw away the extras.  But there were so many "good fabrics" in the mix.   I started a leader/ender project while I was finishing up the Monet top, and today combined the pairs for 100 4-patch blocks.  I have some vague ideas of combining these with HST using the blue leftovers.  

Twiddletails posted this quilt along of Leaves in the Forest, just as I was wondering what to do with the weird olive leftovers I wouldn't usually buy.  

I was able to pull these scraps together to match the pattern colors.  
And did these test blocks (Block #4 on top, #1 on bottom) that include 9 of the 12 colors in the quilt pattern.   They appear to play well together.  

On a bright note, both of these somewhat random piecing projects are good start/stop type projects that allow me to work 30 minutes at a time, unlike the larger, more complex projects I've been finishing up.  Hopeful that will keep me on task. 

No comments: