Saturday, August 8, 2020

Slogging

 

It is hard to properly express how much I hate this project right now.  This represents a day and a half of placing squares.  There are in the neighborhood of 2270 in these 5 panels. The center panel is the missing piece of the previous post.  Following the design as accurately as possible. 

I don't have enough of any of the fabrics to finish the plan as it started.  The outer panels, I focused on making the first 4 connecting squares true to the pattern, then free styled the rest.  

I am down to 4 panels, each 30 x 12 pieces.  So 1440.  Unfortunately, they are the top and bottom panels which have darker squares.  And I am pretty sure I don't have the fabrics needed.  Good thing I'm the queen of improv. 
Claude Monet 'Woman With a Parasol'





No comments: